CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITION OF EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Position: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Reports to: The Board of Directors
The Centre for Women in Governance (CEWIGO) is a non-governmental organisation established in 2006 in Uganda. CEWIGO was founded to build a cadre of women leaders with a vision to contribute to the transformation of Uganda’s politics and governance.
The Executive Director of CEWIGO is a dynamic and experienced leader with experience at senior management level. S/he serves as the chief accounting officer and has the responsibility for the overall operations of the organization. S/he provides support to the Board in its governance work. S/he is a competent, professional, strategic and result- based leader. The Executive Director provides general oversight over implementation of program activities, administration and human resource management.
A minimum of a Masters Degree or its equivalent in Law, International Relations, Social work and administration, Development studies, human rights, and any other development related disciplines. Strong management and supervisory skills and experience in managing development organizations are key requirements. Demonstrable effectiveness and experience in resource mobilization and excellent written and oral communication skills.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Executive Director is responsible for working together with the Board of Directors to ensure that CEWIGO has a clear and compelling vision and strategic plan; and an effective system of strategic measurement and governance. He or She bears the ultimate responsibility for ensuring that the Organization is structured, organized, managed and led in such a way as to maximize achievement of that Vision to include policy influence. The Executive Director is responsible for all aspects of CEWIGO`s management; ensuring the standards of excellence are set and maintained in every sphere of activity. This includes forming and supporting a highly motivated team of staff, promoting CEWIGO`s visibility and presence, developing key relationships with donors and partner institutions, supporting effective advocacy delivery, resource mobilization and overseeing the Organization’s finances
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To provide transformational leadership to CEWIGO staff ensuring that there is a clearly articulated and compelling vision and well developed strategic plans
- To work together with the Board of Directors to provide CEWIGO with policies, strategic measurement, and other mechanisms that will ensure effective and efficient governance of the Organization.
- To oversee planning and implementation of CEWIGO field visits ensuring that opportunities for innovative women governance agenda and advocacy are identified and grasped. Including, but not limited to:
- To develop and implement strategies that will enhance the capacity of CEWIGO staff to; enabling CEWIGO to be at the ` cutting edge` of developments in Women governance and civil society vibrancy.
- To ensure that CEWIGO is provided with the financial resources necessary to accomplish its objectives.
- To represent CEWIGO locally, nationally and internationally, ensuring that CEWIGO successes are appropriately publicized and the goals of the PR, Communications and Advocacy strategies are promoted.
- To lead the individual members of the senior Management Team in a manner that empowers them to deliver CEWIGO`s strategic objectives and work according to high Standards.
Essential: Holder of a degree in social works, Social development, Finance Administration or related fields from a recognized university
Desirable: A Masters degree in management, accounting or the Humanities
Previous Work Experience required:
Essential: Minimum of 5 years in leadership role in a busy public or private sector environment
Desirable: Having worked with in an donor- funded organization
Technical Knowledge or Skills
Essential: Excellent leadership and management skills and knowledge of diplomacy, resource planning, implementation and accounting
Desirable: Experience in liaising with multi-stakeholders including government, donors, other organizations and local communities.
- Leadership orientation
- Development orientation
- Personal Integrity
- Team management Orientation
- Results orientation
- Emotional Resourcefulness
- Strategic Thinking
- Logical and forward thinking
- Understanding others
- Flexibility towards others
- Planning and organizing
- Relationship building
- Financial management
- Relationship building
- Financial management
- Managing meetings
- Coaching and mentoring
- Presentation skills
- Influencing orientation
- Problem-solving and decision making
- Writing and resource mobilization
- Commitment to vision
- Passion for results and impact
- Respect for diversity
- Commitment to team work and participative planning approaches
- Desire to make a difference through involved persuasion
- Professional ethics
How to apply for the job:
Interested applicants should hand deliver their applications marked, “APPLICATION FOR THE POSITION OF EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR” on the upper left hand corner of the envelope. The application should include a cover letter, detailed curriculum vitae indicating three referees with their contact details and copies of certificates and any other relevant documents. The deadline for receiving applications is 16th December, 2016 at 5.00 p.m.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Chairperson Centre for Women in Governance (CEWIGO),
P.O. Box 844, Kampala
Block 216, Plot 1049, Church Road, Kasujja Terrace, Ntinda, Kampala, Uganda
Or by email to: email@example.com
For any inquiry, call +256 780 309 444